Stephanie began her career as a prosecutor in the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office and has represented a broad range of clients from multi-national corporations, to small family businesses and individuals.
Stephanie is passionate about charitable and pro bono work for children. She is a longtime board member of Kristi House, a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing child sexual abuse. And she has won awards for her pro bono work representing at-risk children in Florida courts.
Stephanie is a skilled jury trial lawyer who has argued before trial and appellate courts in Florida and has appeared on Court TV.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- League of Prosecutors (Founding Member, Board of Directors, 2002 – 2011, Treasurer)
- The Florida Bar (Legal Needs of Children Committee, Eleventh Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, 2002 -2005; Vice Chair 2003 -2005)
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Zoetic Stage, Founder, Board of Directors, President (2010 – present)
- Beaux Arts Member (2014- present)
- Kristi House, Board of Directors (2002 – 2014)
- Junior League, (1994-2004) Vice President, Chairperson of Inn Transition South
- Represented party in multi-million dollar litigation arising out of Southeast Bank break up.
- Created precedent-setting legal malpractice law in the successful defense of a Florida real estate lawyer.
- Defended condominium owner in case alleging complex neurological impairments due to exposure to indoor, airborne mold.
- 1994, J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law (with honors)
- 1991, B.A., University of Florida
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Southern District of Florida
Awards & Distinctions
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers
- John Edward Smith Child Advocacy Award