Attorney Joseph W. Beasley
Before he was a lawyer, Joe worked as an engineer for Boeing where he helped design computer models and simulations for development of commercial and military aircraft, satellites, spacecraft, and weapons systems, including missile guidance and targeting systems, aircraft, and spacecraft flight simulations for the 747 autopilot system.
Professional & Civic Activities
- The American Bar Association
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Represented trustee in professional liability lawsuits arising out of one of the largest bankruptcy related lawsuits in U.S. history.
- Served as counsel for defendant in multi-hundred million dollar commercial litigation arising from SEC and civil ponzi scheme allegations directed at major U.S. company.
- Represented members of the CenTrust Board of Directors in civil litigation against David Paul and CenTrust Bank.
- Represented Plaintiffs in court challenge to force municipal and U.S. government agencies to move power lines from navigable Florida coastal waterways.
- Successfully defeated class action securities action filed against American Express.
- 1973, J.D. (with high honors), University of Florida
- 1970, Master of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics, University of Washington
- 1966, B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Florida
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Southern District of Florida
- • U.S. Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Eastern District of Michigan
Awards & Distinctions
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers