Jennifer Perez Alonso graduated, cum laude, from the Florida International University College of Law in 2007 and has been practicing law since 2008. In 2010, Jennifer joined Beasley, Demos & Brown, focusing on commercial litigation and legal malpractice defense. While at Beasley, Demos & Brown, Jennifer has handled various coverage determinations for insurers, and participated in successful litigation matters, at trial and on appeal, involving commercial disputes (including contracts and business torts), premises liability defense, trucking and aviation defense, and legal malpractice defense.
Jennifer is an active member of the Florida Bar, having served on the Legal Needs of Children Committee and currently serving on the Professional Ethics Committee. She also volunteers her time in providing pro bono representation for abused and neglected children in Miami-Dade County’s dependency courts.
Prior to graduating from law school, Jennifer was a full-time Special Education Teacher for eight years.
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Current Member of Professional Ethics Committee of the Florida Bar
- Pro Bono Child Advocate
- Successfully defended lawyer in civil suit arising out of unsuccessful private offering transaction which was resolved at a jury trial.
- Created precedent-setting legal malpractice law in the successful defense of a Florida real estate lawyer.
- Successfully defended toxic mold personal injury lawsuit involving complex epidemiological and medical causation issues.
- Florida International University, College of Law, 2008, J.D., cum laude
- M.Ed., University of Florida, 1999
- B.A. (with Honors), University of Florida, 1998
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Southern District of Florida